Advantages of Greenhouse farming is not a new sentence to farmers just like the system, This farming system has been around for many decades.
Advantages of greenhouse farming
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages of greenhouse farming
- 1.1 1. Greenhouse farming allows the farmer to have total control of the farm atmosphere.
- 1.2 2. Pest and disease can be managed easily in Greenhouse farming.
- 1.3 3. Greenhouse farming makes it easy to control predators on the farm.
- 1.4 4. Greenhouse farming promotes Good and high production per unit area
- 1.5 5. Low cost of production & easy to manage
- 1.6 6. Requires less labour for quality production.
- 1.7 7. Ease of waste management
- 2 Summary of advantages of greenhouse farming
- Greenhouse farming gives the farmer complete control of the farm atmosphere.
- Greenhouse farming helps to improve pest and disease management.
- With Greenhouse farming, plant Predators are easy to control.
- Good and high production per unit area
- Low cost of production & easy to manage
- Requires less labour for quality production.
- Ease of waste management
1. Greenhouse farming allows the farmer to have total control of the farm atmosphere.
One of the biggest advantages of greenhouse farming is that with greenhouse farming, you have just total control of the farm.
Greenhouses are built to provide crops with a more farming suitable environment, by shielding crops from extreme weather conditions, human activities and preys.
2. Pest and disease can be managed easily in Greenhouse farming.
Greenhouse farming is a natural way to control pests and diseases on the farm.
3. Greenhouse farming makes it easy to control predators on the farm.
Vegetables grown in the greenhouse are just as safe and as healthy as those in your kitchen garden.
In greenhouse farming, the yield will be much higher and much safer as long as good agricultural practices are observed.
4. Greenhouse farming promotes Good and high production per unit area
In addition, Greenhouse farming allows you to produce all year round, yield is therefore limitless.
5. Low cost of production & easy to manage
In farming, Proper management is extremely important and count for how productive the plants are.
Greenhouse farming is easy to manage, it isn’t really difficult, even as a newbie, you can get a lot of tips and videos online that can give you a good start unlike in traditional farming.
With the help of advanced technologies, your farm can be automated, operations can be carried out while you are away from the farm.
This can ultimately save you lots of work and stress while maintaining a great output.
6. Requires less labour for quality production.
A greenhouse requires less labour since the production process is controlled and can be automated.
On average, a medium-sized greenhouse will require 1 worker to perfectly manage the operations in the greenhouse.
Operations such as weeding, spraying of agrochemicals, watering and fertilization can all be automated or carried out by a worker or farm keeper.
USEFUL LINKSREAD ALSO: What do baby goats eat? Top baby Goat food to make your goats grow fast and how to feed baby goats